The year 2020 certainly required a lot of pivoting — and then some. What the year’s challenges underscored is the need to be flexible, and willing to refine processes when they may not be resonating with your audience. Strategic marketing requires intentional planning, evaluation, and ongoing re-evaluation.
As you think about your 2021 marketing strategy, we’ve gathered some of our favorite resources to set you up for success in the new year. Below are some popular guides from this past year to navigating three core parts of your marketing framework.
Strategy and Development
- The Benefits of Account-Based Marketing — Generic mass marketing practices that cast a wide net without an intended target fail to deliver the competitive edge needed to differentiate B2B or professional services firms. A better approach is found in account-based marketing (ABM). We share three ways ABM strategies can help your company scale.
- Marketing Strategy Tips for Financial Businesses — Building a scalable marketing strategy to drive more customers into your pipeline starts with understanding how and why prospects engage with your brand, and more importantly what convinces them to become customers. Get started with 5 marketing strategy tips.
Growth and Customer Management
- How Finserv Firms Can Think More like Fintechs — The rise of digital innovation has leveled the playing field for fintechs wanting a spot at the financial services table, and forced traditional finserv firms to rethink their business models. But how can we think and act more like a fintech company? Understand what fintechs are doing, and how the finserv market can create similar experiences.
- Developing a Customer Acquisition Strategy — Building an effective customer acquisition strategy needs short and long-term investments to continually attract, nurture and guide your target audience through your marketing and sales pipeline.With a little patience, strategy and planning, your multi-channel customer acquisition strategy will develop into a repeatable, scalable marketing engine. Here’s what you need to know to get your strategy started.
Storytelling and Brand Management
- Online Reputation Checklist: Manage Your Financial Brand — Managing a financial service firm’s brand value is largely determined by people’s experiences working with and for your business, how engaged your customer success team is, and how you mitigate online reputation risk. We’ve created a best practices checklist with 5 tips.
- Why Storytelling Matters for Financial Services Marketing — Great financial business brands aren’t just built around savvy sales pitches, they’re crafted with great stories. Prospects and leads are generated by well-crafted sales and financial marketing campaigns, but deals are secured when nurtured through stories that evoke emotion. Learn 3 core reasons storytelling matters for financial services marketing.
This is just a starter list to get you thinking and marketing smarter. If there’s a topic you don’t see above, visit our blog or reach out to discuss your needs in more detail. We’re happy to support your strategic marketing needs in 2021 with senior, expert talent at a fraction of the cost of a full-time hire.